This certificate program provides students with 80 hours of academic and hands-on training which prepares them to perform basic patient care under the direction of a nursing staff in a long-term care facility. The duties of a STNA include, but are not limited to, feeding, bathing, dressing, grooming, and transporting patients, and changing linens. This program is governed by the Ohio Department of Health.
After successfully completing this program, students will be scheduled to take the state test for long-term care nursing assistants. The test consists of two parts, written and skills portions. Both must be passed for the student to become an STNA and be placed on the Ohio Nurse Aide Registry.
- Meet required standards on the pre-admissions assessment - WorkKeys scoring a 3 in Math, 4 in Workplace Documents (skill to read and comprehend workplace documents), and a 4 in Graphic Literacy (skill to locate and find information). Exception: If an employer sends the student to Vantage for training and they are paying the tuition fees, then the pre-entrance assessment is not required.
- Students will need a two-step Mantoux test from the Health Department or your doctor’s office. Prior test must have been given within the last 6 months.
- Program Coordinator and/or Adult Education Director may allow some exceptions to these entrance requirements
- 80 total hours / completed in 4 weeks
- Day classes meet from 9:00am - 3:30pm
- Evening classes meet from 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Classes meet Monday thru Thursday with clinical hours held on Fridays
- Class size is limited to 20.
Daytime Class Dates:
06/07/21 - 06/28/21
10/04/21 - 10/24/21
11/01/21 - 11/23/21
01/10/22 - 01/31/22
03/07/22 - 03/28/22
04/04/22 - 04/25/22
Tuition $695 includes one Vantage tee shirt and one-time only cost for state test
Additional Costs: Students may pay up to $50 for application fee, black shoes for clinicals (cannot be open-toed or open heeled, black scrub pants to be worn with Vantage t-shirt (provided), a valid photo ID plus SS card (not just the number) to be presented at state test. the 2-step Mantoux test cost is typically covered by health insurance otherwise expect to pay $40 for each test. Mantoux tests take two weeks and must be completed prior to the start of classes.
Veteran's Educational Benefits may be used for those who qualify. Tuition assistance may be provided by your employer or Ohio Means Jobs agency in your county. Tuition is covered under the Adult Diploma Program for qualifying students.
To explore this career further visit O*NET Online
. The Occupational Information Network (O*NET) is developed under the sponsorship of the U.S. Department of Labor.