This program provides students with 1000 hours of academic and hands-on training which prepares them to perform certain clinical and administrative duties in hospitals and physician offices. The duties of a Medical Assistant include, but are not limited to, administrative functions in the medical office, basic patient care, taking medical history, performing lab testing, taking vital signs, drawing blood, giving injections, removing sutures, assisting with examinations, performing diagnostic procedures and more.
Our program offers students the opportunity to get FOUR certifications in one program. Qualified students will be able to take the American Medical Technologist (AMT) certification test to become a Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) along with certifications for Phlebotomy, EKG, and Electronic Health Records Specialist.
Begins: October 12, 2020
Classes complete: July 5, 2021
Externship Hours: July 6, 2021 - August 19, 2021*
- 1000 Hours (840 classroom hours and 160 externship hours)
- Classes meet 4:00pm to 10:00pm Mondays through Thursdays
- Externship weekly hours vary based on clinical site *
- Training takes approximately 44 weeks
Books & Software: $550
Additional Out-of Pocket Expenses $105 Some students may incur additional expenses for required immunizations & STNA training. See the program cost sheet for detailed information.
Financial Assistance is available for those who qualify from a variety of sources. Check out all your options on the Financial Aid page.
Medical Assistants are employed in private medical practices, clinics, hospitals and medical laboratories. Specific jobs held by Medical Assistants include, but are not limited to, physician’s medical assistant, medical office receptionist, billing clerk, office manager, and clinical supervisor.
Students who successfully complete the program are eligible to test for national certification through American Medical Technologists (AMT).
- Prerequisite: Have a valid STNA certification before program begins
- High School diploma or its recognized equivalent
- Possess the ability to understand and convey information effectively
- Possess the ability to work cooperatively as part of a team
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, especially as part of patient care
- Possess critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Comply with all Vantage regulations and rule